Friday, November 18, 2011

Character design.

    So I've given myself a bit of a deadline for this film project I got goin' on.  As I previously expressed, I have the tendency to abandon projects before they're completed.  I want ONE thing completed, so I can say at least I did something in my life.
    Anywho, here are a couple designs for a dog character in this film.



First head rotation I've done in a long while.  Ended up not quite liking this design though.
Thought it looked too fox-like, so I changed the cheeks a bit to not stick out so much and make the eyes bigger, as you can see below.


Working out the quarter angle a bit.



The body design on the right is the one I ended up going with.  
I'll be doing a full character rotation this weekend I think.


Some more sketches.  I think my first succesful up angle drawing at bottom right.
The happy one, as my fiance pointed out, is far too happy.  He's supposed to be dumb and yappy.


No comments: